I have made the decision to wipe off the dust of this ol' blog and make my mark on it once again. Nate gave me a new MacBook laptop for my birthday, which I am pretty excited about. One of my goals with it, is to use it to start blogging again. I have not had a functioning laptop for a few years, but now that I do, I hope not to be so scarce on this platform. No promises that I will be super consistent, but it is worth a try.
Nothing earth-shattering has happened since my last post. Much growing has taken place. Bennett and Calla are growing at a steady rate. They bring Nate and I so much joy, but also have plenty of needs. Parenthood is no joke, so many ups and downs, it has definitely grown my (our) dependance in Christ. We daily seek His guidance in how to raise these little souls, in which He has trusted into our care.
Bennett is our fun-loving, high-energy three year old. He has grown in his relationship with his little sister, typically pretty nice to her at this point. I have seen growth in his ability to discern, in the area of obedience, not to mention growth in his stature. There will always be things that we will strive to improve in, and he can be high-maintenance for certain, but we love him just the same.
Our sweet, laid-back little girl is an absolute joy. She has grown in her coordination. She tackled crawling, walking, and running all this year. Calla possesses a more mild, even-tempered personality than her big brother, but she can still make a fuss when she doesn't get her way. She has grown in her spirit of determination and has a good sense of humor, always finding a way to make us chuckle.
Our marriage has been strengthened this year. We hit the six year mark this past May. God has definitely continued to grow our love for each other, but it has not been without its valleys. The enemy knows a good thing when he sees it, and he is a lion just looking to see how he can tap into our marriage. We have definitely felt his attacks, but I am thankful to say that God has only let us suffer a little while before He pulls us back up onto higher ground. We know that Satan will try again and again, but I am so appreciative for a loving husband who is willing to weather the storms with me, hand in hand.
I have gotten into the Enneagram personality tests this past year. I enjoy figuring out my husband (or anybody, to be honest). What makes Nate tick? How is he wired? Why does he do things the way that he does?
Nate is a Peacemaker (type #9), easy-going, agreeable, the type that avoids conflict, ect. Sometimes when he does certain things that go against my internal wiring (I am a #2- Helper), things I cannot understand, I go back to his personality type and realize why he responded or behaved in that manner.
It has been really helpful for me to study him and further appreciate the way God has formed and shaped him.
I have a constant desire to grow in my relationship with God. It is a prayer that I will continue to pray for the rest of my days. I fail, so often, in spending the appropriate amount of time with God, but I will continue to keep this my top priority. I have definitely felt Him sanctifying and purifying me this past year, during various ups and downs. I have told God, with hesitation, "I will walk through the valleys if you want me too. I do not want to, but I will." The pathway is broken, He did not promise that life would be easy, but He did promise that we would never walk alone if we place our trust in Him. May the struggles of this life-journey strengthen you as much as they have for me.





YAY!! I loved seeing a post from you and catching up on your life!! I'm here for all the blogs you post!
ReplyDelete