Monday, May 29, 2017

Bennett Clay- Our Little Miracle

Bennett Clay Zollinger joined us on Friday, May 12th at 4:23 p.m. A whole 7 lb 1 oz of pure sweetness. It did not take him long to steal our hearts.



I am still getting my act together, and may be for quite some time. Each new day brings me a little more confidence and leaves me a bit more refreshed. 

I eventually hope to share some details of how Bennett made his entrance into this world, but let me rewind a bit first.

Our Bluffton shower was on a Friday night in April. It was a very nice evening. The committee went above and beyond to make it special and the food delicious.


Nate and I had a contest on who could diaper and dress the baby dolls in the least amount of time. Let me just note that the a baby doll is much easier to dress than a squirming human baby.


Here are some of the other girls due around the same time as myself. Three of us have either had/are having boys and two are having girls. Bennett will have lots of friends when he goes to visit Bluffton.


My cousin Brooke is also expecting a baby boy in June.


Here I am at 38 weeks, looking prime and ready to pop.



Bennett was born at 39 weeks and 2 days. Some have asked how we came about choosing his name. Nothing super significant, but it seems that I have been drawn to boy names that begin with the letter "B" for the last couple of years.

The "B" name that I initially liked came about from a little boy who goes to our church, but I was hesitant to use it. Nate had a "B" name that he was in favor of, but I was not convinced.

When I asked Nate about the name Bennett, he seemed pretty neutral and fine with it. The last two months of my pregnancy, we were fairly certain that the name would be Bennett. Any other name that would come about, I would compare to the name Bennett, and I never liked any other name as much.

The name Bennett means "blessed" and his middle name of Clay means "in stiff ground." We pray that Bennett will be firmly planted and blessed in the solid foundation of God and that we may raise him to know and understand the truth of God's Word.


Bennett has gradually been meeting some of his cousins as our siblings find the time to come out, along with others who have stopped by.


Don't be fooled by the picture above. I am holding Brenda's, much larger baby, and she is holding Bennett. A few months in age can make quite the weight difference,


We are enjoying our little guy, while trying to navigate ourselves to a whole new state of normalcy. We feel under qualified to be parents, but privileged at the same time. Our hearts are filled with thankfulness that God would grant us the gift of a child. It is bound to be an adventure when raising our little Benny Boy.


Thank you for the love, well wishes, and prayers that we have received from so many of you. I find it hard to believe that we are already past our second week into parenthood. We will cherish each moment as we know time passes quickly.

Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hoped, hoped, hoped when I saw you had an updated post, that it meant your baby had ARRIVED! YAY!!!!!! And we almost share a birthday! :) So incredibly thrilled for you and Bennett is one blessed little boy to have you for his mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! So sweet Hannah! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete